+ NVS Reference Turntable
The Wave Kinetics NVS Turntable System represents the state of the art in analog audio playback technology. The combination of innovative design philosophy, engineering expertise, and manufacturing excellence has resulted in an unprecedented listening experience. Some of the features of the NVS are:
- Capable of both 33 1/3 and 45 RPM
- Utilizes a laboratory grade motor control system
- High inertia platter
- Speed accuracy to 1 part per 1000000
- Direct drive system
- Tuning optimized using a 17 degree of freedom tuning model
- Transfer of floor and airborne vibration is greatly attenuated before reaching the platter and stylus
- A specifically tuned platform eliminates the transfer of floor/stand vibration stimuli such as foot-fall
- Stiffness in the structure – constructed entirely of monolithic parts machined from solid metal billets minimized joints and connectors
- Internal vibration damping system tuned to eliminate transfer of airborne vibration and vibration generated internally (motor & drive train noise)
- Body – Solid aluminum billet providing high mass and high stiffness
- Platform – milled from a single large billet of aluminum for uparalled stiffnes. Tuned suspension system using custom viscoelastic dampers, base crafted from proprietary vibration damping material.
- Platter– aluminum / mass loaded polymer. Provides high mass and optimal record /platter interface material.